BLACK RICE RECIPE
This type of rice can be prepared by boiling at certain heats for a pure clean taste for those who look for the easier eating way or in a hurry but there is a quick and an easy recipe for black rice with vegetables and balsamic vinegar that is sure to please your whole family.
Preparation time: five minutes, Cooking time: forty minutes, Serve: eight people, Total time: forty five minutes
three table spoons of extra virgin oil, two cloves of garlic fine and well chopped, one table spoon of sea salt, three cups of black rice cooked according to the package instructions, two tablespoon balsamic vinegar, two cups of thinly sliced mushroom, two large carrots chopped, one shallot chopped, two celery stalks chopped, two scallions thinly sliced, three quarters table spoon of freshly ground white pepper.
Black rice is medium grain unprocessed rice with white kernel inside the black bran. Once cooked this rice turns into a deep purple color and has a nutty flavor with a soft texture. This type of rice is available at natural foods and specialty food stores and some supermarkets.
1. Preheat the oven to three hundred and twenty five degrees.
2. Over medium heat and in a large skillet heat the extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add garlic and then stir fry until fragrant for thirty to forty seconds.
4. Add the shallot, carrots, celery, sea salt and pepper. Stir fry until they get tender for about five to seven minutes.
5. Stir in the cooked black rice and the balsamic vinegar and mix well to combine
6. Transfer the rice mixture into a nine by thirteen inch baking dish. Cover closely with tin foil and bake closely for thirty to forty minutes until soft.
7. Remove from oven and serve warm.